PHOTO SUBMISSION PERIOD
The photo submission period for the Billy Elliot The Musical Contest (the "Contest") begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on June 4, 2012 and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on June 18, 2012 (the "Contest Deadline").
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and who are amateur photographers (the "Entrant" or "Entrants"). For purposes of this Contest, "amateur photographers" is defined as individuals who directly or indirectly receive no more than 5% or less of their personal annual gross income from selling their original photos. Employees of GateHouse Media, Inc. and the businesses appearing on this page (together, "GateHouse Media"), and the businesses appearing on this page (the "Businesses"), and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including, in each case, immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, "immediate family members" is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws", or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related. In order to enter the Contest or win the prize, the Entrant must comply fully with these official rules (the "Rules"), and by entering agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of GateHouse Media, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND SUBMIT A PHOTO
Entrants should log on to Wicked Local (the "Publication") website at http://www.wickedlocalcontests.com during the Submission Period, complete all the required information and upload a photo (the "Photo" or "Photos") as instructed on the Website. Entrants should then click "submit" to be entered in the Contest (the "Entry" or "Entries"). Entries for the Contest will not be accepted through e-mail, postal mail or facsimile.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 P.M. EST ON JUNE 18, 2012 (THE "CONTEST DEADLINE"). NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS TIME.
1. The object of the Contest is to showcase to the Website audience a person jumping like "Billy Elliot".
2. Professional photos will not be accepted. Photos must have been taken by the Entrant and cannot be the product of a professional photographer (e.g. Wal-Mart, Sears, JC Penney, Kmart, Target, a portrait studio or any professional photographer, paid or unpaid).
3. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry during the Submission Period.
4. The Photo must not have been published or be under consideration for publication or prizes elsewhere.
5. The Photo must be of the person only. No other persons should appear in the Photo.
6. The Photo must be in natural color or black and white. Sepia tone and duotone Photos are not acceptable.
7. Photos that have been altered, manipulated or enhanced using computer software programs will not be accepted. Minor adjustments to the Photo such as lightening or darkening areas of the Photo, slight contrast or color adjustments and cropping are acceptable. If GateHouse Media determines a Photo has been altered, manipulated or enhanced, the judges reserve the right to disqualify the Photo.
8. By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted Photo is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the Photo does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Photo.
9. The Photo must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of GateHouse Media, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content (collectively, "Inappropriate Content"). GateHouse Media retains sole discretion as to what constitutes Inappropriate Content.
10. If the Photo contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Photo, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Photo in the manner set forth in these Rules without additional compensation. The Entrant will be required to submit copies of any releases and consents to GateHouse Media upon request.
11. All Photos become the property of GateHouse Media and may be used by GateHouse for marketing or any other commercial purpose. The Photos will not be returned to the Entrant.
The Entrant who submitted the winning Photo (the "Winner") will be awarded a family four (4) pack of tickets to Billy Elliot The Musical (approximate retail value $380) and an adult drop-in five (5) class card to Boston Ballet School (approximate retail value $70). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Photos received.
The Winner will be notified by phone or overnight mail in accordance with the contact information provided on the Entry Form. The Winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to accept the prize.
No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of GateHouse Media. GateHouse Media reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The prize has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash at any time. No compensation will be given for lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards or gift certificates. GateHouse Media is not responsible for replacing lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards or gift certificates. Fulfillment of gift cards and gift certificates is the sole responsibility of the merchant, not GateHouse Media.
All decisions of GateHouse Media regarding the Contest are final.
It is the Entrant's responsibility to enter in the appropriate manner. Each Entrant is responsible for all costs or charges involved in accessing the http://www.wickedlocalcontests.com website and warrants that the cost of accessing the site, if any, is part of a larger agreement with an Internet Service Provider or some other means, and that the cost of this access is not an incremental cost. If for any reason the internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of GateHouse Media which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, GateHouse Media reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Should the online portion of the Contest be terminated prior to June 18, 2012, finalists will be drawn at days-end from eligible entries received online up to the time of cancellation. GateHouse Media assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. GateHouse Media is not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, damaged or undelivered entries. GateHouse Media is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, services or providers, computer
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of GateHouse Media, which are binding and final, and release GateHouse Media, and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Contest, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. The potential prize winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and waives any liability or claims (including attorneys fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to GateHouse Media as undeliverable, if prize is refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, photograph, likeness, Contest submissions and/or statements attributed to winners regarding the Contest, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent. All entries become the property of GateHouse Media. This Contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the state of Massachusetts, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
This Contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an Entrant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
GateHouse Media and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on Entrants obtained through the Contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
GateHouse Media and their affiliates reserve the right to change the rules of the Contest at any time.
To obtain the name of the winner, contact the Publication at Wicked Local.
GateHouse Media Mass I Holdings, Inc. d/b/a GateHouse Media New England/ Wicked Local 350 WillowBrook Office Park, Fairport, New York 14450.
The Contest Website is being administered by UPICKEM.